CIVIL ENGINEERING is closely associated with all walks of life and the impact of civil engineers on society is tremendous. The department of Civil Engineering was established to train and develop Civil Engineering Professionals who will be sensitive and serve for the betterment of the society. The Civil Engineering department is one of the first departments established by the college during 1979. The department has an intake of 180 students. The department is doing its best with the support of competent faculty and well equipped laboratories to develop quality civil engineering professionals.
The department is also offering M.Tech Program in Structural Engineering with an intake of 18. The department is recognized as Research Centre by Visvesvaraya Technological University and offers MSc Engineering (by Research) and PhD Programs.
SHORT TERM GOALS
• To provide facilities to improve the technical and soft skills of students and staff.
• Create awareness about competitive examinations and higher studies by motivating the students by providing all the resources required.
• To conduct placement orientation programs in association with professional bodies and industry to improve the employability.
• To develop entrepreneurship skills by forming an entrepreneurship development centre.
• To work towards preparing for accreditation of the laboratories.
LONG TERM GOALS
• To start certificate courses in civil engineering for the benefit of students and working professionals.
• Establishment of Centre of excellence in Building Materials for sustainable building industry.
• MOU’s with leading industries and foreign universities.
• To strengthen Research and Consultancy activities.
• To get accreditation for all the laboratories.